Thursday, June 30, 2011

Friendship Days 2011

This past weekend we celebrated Nicollet's Friendship Day & like always, had a blast! Friday evening my amazing in-laws picked up the kids from daycare & kept them through Sunday. We had a GREAT weekend!!!

This is my 2nd year doing the little Miss Nicollet with Katie and we had a lot of fun again! The Monday & Wednesday before Friendship Days we practice for an hour each night with the girls, teaching them a dance for the talent show on Friday. We danced to Splish Splash.... I am so mad, I wasn't able to get a group picture! Talent ran a little late & some of the girls had to get home. They did a great job though with their "shower caps", swimsuits & towels. So that started off our weekend Friday night....

Saturday morning I did the 5K in honor of my amazing sister-in-law Becky and walked with almost 500 others (my sister-in-law Katie & niece Brielle came over from Janesville to walk with me too).... then it was off to the kiddie parade with my little miss girls. Time for a quick nap & then it was time to watch my niece show that number 60 proud on her demo car & take SECOND PLACE! Then it was off for a quick shower & down to the park to see all of the beautiful little girls for coronation.... and of course ended the evening with some adult beverages.

Sunday dad & I got to SLEEP IN!!!!! A*W*E*S*O*M*E
Then Grandma Nancy & Grandpa Kurt brought the kids over & we all pulled up some grass to catch some candy at the "big parade". After that we had some very tired kids so we headed for home, took some naps & then were actually able to make it back in for some rides before they closed the park down for the weekend.

I love Friendship Days - it's always so much fun :) Pictures below......

Weeeeee

Mom & Brayden

Macie & Grandma

Family Fun


Girls win...

Our "campground" for the weekend

My beautiful girls on Saturday @ the coronation

Ready for the "big" parade on Sunday

No comments: