Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Macie Leigh Evans is finally here!











Macie Leigh Evans made her big arrival finally this morning @ 3:14 am. She was 9 pounds, 8 ounces & 21 inches long. It was a VERY long day but all three of us are doing great! I finally reached a 10 at about midnight and they had me start to push. I pushed for about an hour and started to get a really bad pain in my lower stomach. She told me I had at least an hour of pushing left, and I didn't think I had it in me with the pain. We called Dr. Gildner and he said I had already had a long enough day and we should get that baby out - of course I was all about that. We had people running all around in our room and before I knew I could not feel my lower half and I was on my way down the hall to surgury. The surgury itself went well, but after seeing how big our little princess was Gildner said I would have never been able to have her on my own. Not only was she big, she had the cord wrapped around her twice and was "sunny side up". All we were waiting for was those three words - IT'S A ??? Daddy and I were both very excited to finally meet her. As we get more pictures I will post them - thank you to everyone for thinking of us!

2 comments:

christy bode said...

Congrats!! She's adorable! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am sooo happy for you guys. You make such a nice family. Macie is one lucky little girl to have such wonderful parents......and she's got a pretty awesome auntie, too! hehe! These are the BEST moments of your life.....Cherish every moment! Love you all!
~ Auntie Katie